About our Company:
The inspiration to start this company came after having struggled for years with damaged hair. The endless cycle of heat styling to manage the damage, finally took its toll. So, I started to look into oil treatments in an attempt to start repairing and growing healthier hair, I was finally ready to take the time and effort to learn about my hair, how it grows and how natural oils work.
I started my hair care journey by researching and mixing my own blend of hair oils as a weekly overnight treatment to accomplish my goals in maintaining long, silky, shiny healthy hair. The results were immediate, my hair started to grow healthy, shiny and strong!
The Jungle Shack Ltd was created to provide top quality beauty treatments that not only make a difference but that are made from natural, organic ingredients. We at The Jungle Shack want to empower you to be the best version of yourself by sourcing and appreciating natural resources. The Hair Treatments available are simple, fuss free and all natural which makes it a perfect choice to treat your delicate hair. Reap the benefits of an all-natural treatment and see the results work within a few weeks!
- MOISTURISING –Coconut oil helps to lock in moisture as well as Argan oil which aids to prevent hair breakage and strengthens weak or brittle hair as it is highly moisture retaining. Jojoba oil contains vitamin E and B which contributes to its ability to effectively hydrate hair by retaining moisture.
- REPAIRING – Working from the inside out penetrating deep into the hair shaft with essential vitamins it helps to repair any damage and lock in moisture. Coconut oil helps to reduce protein loss in both damaged as well as undamaged hair by penetrating inside the hair shaft. Argan Oil prevents split ends and Avocado oil contains Vitamin B which supports hair growth and Vitamin E which repairs hair damage.
- STIMULATES HAIR GROWTH – Scalp stimulating oils have been infused to accelerate hair growth, lock in moisture whilst it repairs the hair shaft to ensure sustained health of the hair as it grows. Peppermint Oil promotes hair growth by stimulating the scalp and hair follicles. The high antioxidant and vitamin content of Pomegranate Seed oil helps to increase the blood circulation to the scalp which promotes healthy hair growth. Argan oil aids hair growth and keep hair shiny and strong by taming frizz and adding volume. Lavender oil improves blood circulation to the scalp aiding in hair growth. Castor oil carries ricinoleic acid and omega- 6 essential fatty acids, which also accelerates blood circulation to the scalp, increasing hair growth.
- SCALP SOOTHING – The oils have been infused to create a treatment to not only repair and grow but to soothe irritated scalps by treating dryness, inflammation and irritated skin. Peppermint Oil has a cooling effect on the scalp and helps to fight off dandruff. Coconut oil helps to soothe the scalp and helps with conditions such as Psoriasis, dandruff, dry and flaky scalp. Pomegranate Seed oil helps to reduce flakiness, soothes itchiness of the scalp as well as treats dandruff. Neem oil, Amla oil, Lavender oil and Rosemary oil all treat scalp conditions, such as dryness, itching, dandruff, flakiness and eczema. It also reduces swelling and inflammation. Castor oil possesses anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties, it is the perfect remedy to tackle scalp infections and issues such as bald patches and itchy scalp.
- 100% NATURAL & ORGANIC – all natural pure oils with no sulfates, parabens, harmful chemicals or agents.
About this special blend of oils:
This special blend of 13 natural oils penetrate deep into the hair shaft, aiding repair, stimulating your scalp to encourage growth and inject moisture all in one bottle! These natural oils work especially for dry, tired looking hair which may have been bleached/dyed or heat styled over time and in need of urgent care and repair. The oils have been infused to create a treatment to not only repair but to soothe irritated scalps which may be prone to conditions such as dryness, flaking, inflammation and soreness. What most main stream oils such as Moroccan Oil, are silicone based which means that they only coat the hair shaft and appear to be shiny without penetrating into the hair shaft. This blend of natural oils each carry qualities to encourage growth, repair and moisture which will leave your hair feeling silky smooth and full of life from the inside out !
Peppermint oil: Peppermint oil promotes hair growth by stimulating the scalp and hair follicles. It has a cooling effect on the scalp and helps to fight off dandruff and head lice. Peppermint oil neutralises the scalps oil production so does not make the hair greasy. Balancing the PH scales, it is used to treat dry scalp conditions as well as adding shine and gloss, leaving you with a fresh invigorating scent.
Coconut oil: This oil has so many benefits for your hair it’s hard to know where to begin! Coconut oil not only helps to prevent hair loss but it also helps to reduce protein loss in both damaged as well as undamaged hair by penetrating inside the hair shaft. Not only will it leave your hair silky and shiny it is actually helping to repair your hair from the inside! Coconut oil helps do soothe the scalp and help with conditions such as scorisis, dandruff and dry and flaky scalp. On top of that, Coconut oil has a high moisture retaining capacity. It does not let moisture escape, therefore keeping hair moist and soft, which prevents breakage of hair and helps prevent split ends forming. What an amazing oil!!
Pomegranate seed oil: Pomegranate seed oil happens to be the favourite natural hair treatment for many because of the large content of punicic acid in it, which helps to revitalize and strengthen the hair and make it strong, lustrous and healthy. The high antioxidant and vitamin content of this oil help to increase the blood circulation in the scalp which promotes healthy hair growth. It is a natural moisturizer and provides vital nourishment to the hair. It helps reduce flakiness, itchiness of the scalp as well as dandruff, hair fall, dullness, dryness and thinning of hair.
Argan oil: This deeply moisturising oil helps to prevent split ends, aid hair growth and keep hair shiny and strong by taming frizz adding volume. Argan oil is an oil made from the seeds of the Argan tree, a tree found in the southwestern region of Morocco and has many benefits for your hair including reducing, as well as preventing, hair loss through concentrated amounts of nutrients and fatty acids necessary for producing and re-growing healthy hair. Argan oil aids to prevent hair breakage and the strengthening of weak or brittle hair. This will ultimately help to prevent damage caused by heat (hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons, etc.) Argan oil is also used in the treatment of dry, itchy or irritated scalp, dandruff and eczema. Wow another multi benefitting oil!
Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil is extracted from the seeds of Jojoba trees and is rich in essential nutrients with vitamins E and B, and important minerals like silicon, copper and zinc. The presence of vitamin E and B contributes to its ability to effectively hydrate hair by retaining moisture. Jojoba oil encourages hair cells to rapidly reproduce and so is effective in hair growth.
Almond oil: Almond oil has several important nutrients including polyunsaturated and mono fatty acids as well as vitamins E, D, B1, B2, B6 and A. These are all helpful nutrients that allow you to grow strong, healthy hair strands. The nourishing and smoothing benefits it provides the hair cuticles helps to grow thick, shiny, long and strong hair.
Neem oil: Neem oil is extracted from the seeds and fruits of the neem tree, a large-sized evergreen tree, which is known in India. Neem has been used to treat various skin and scalp conditions, such as dryness, itching, dandruff, flakiness and eczema. It also reduces swelling and inflammation, gets rid of parasites, and helps with many other illnesses. With extraordinarily high levels of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties, neem oil protects the scalp skin from ongoing damage. Neem also has regenerative properties that support healthy cell division and stimulate hair follicle growth, promoting thicker, stronger, and more luxurious hair growth.
Rosemary Essential oil: Rosemary oil properties act as an anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory, which makes it a favourite ingredient in the treatment of scalp conditions such as dandruff. One of the main active ingredients in Rosemary is Rosmarinic acid which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, making it a logical choice to calm the scalp and keep it clean to help avoid infections in broken skin.
Lavender oil: Lavender oil nourishes hair and moisturizes your scalp and strands. Apart from helping to prevent shedding hair it also Improves blood circulation on the scalp aiding in hair growth. Lavender oil has powerful antiseptic qualities for treating dry scalp, fungi, bacteria, and other microbes so perfect for cleansing your scalp as part of a detox treatment.
Tea Tree oil: Tea tree oil, also known as melaleuca oil or ti tree oil, is an essential oil with a fresh camphoraceous odor and a colour that ranges from pale yellow to nearly colourless and clear. It is from the leaves of the tea tree, Melaleuca alternifolia, native to Southeast Queensland and the Northeast coast of New South Wales, Australia. Tea tree oil can take care of common hair issues such as dandruff and hair loss, as it is an excellent natural alternative to many chemicals most people prefer to use tea tree oil as their first treatment option. Tea tree oil is excellent for your hair as when a diluted form of the oil is applied to the scalp it stimulates and increases blood flow to the area. This in turn can improve the conditions of the hair follicles which promotes healthy hair growth. Its multiple properties fight bacteria as well as helping unclog pores on the scalp, which means tea tree oil can work to clear and strengthen the skin on the scalp helping to prevent infections or conditions such as dandruff.
Castor oil: One of the most effective home remedies for dry scalp, hair thinning, split ends and hair loss, castor oil is widely used since decades in various beauty treatments. Owing to its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, it is also a common ingredient in many cosmetics and beauty products. Being rich in proteins, minerals and vitamin E, castor oil works as a magic potion for your hair. Here’s how it benefits your hair and ways you can use it: Castor oil carries ricinoleic acid and omega- 6 essential fatty acids, which accelerate blood circulation to the scalp, hence increasing hair growth. It works on nourishing the scalp and strengthening the roots with the help of essential nutrients. Since castor oil possesses anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties, it is the perfect remedy to tackle scalp infections and issues such as bald patches, itchy scalp. These properties reach out to fight pathogens and micro-organisms. Additionally, it clears off the most common hair problem – dandruff. Castor oil is ‘moisture rich’ and penetrates deep into the scalp and conditions the hair immediately. This oil is hence, an easy way to regain lost shine and hair texture. With its exceptional moisturising and conditioning properties, castor oil leaves a coating on the hair shaft to lock the much-needed moisture in.
Amla oil: Amla (also known as amalika or Indian gooseberry) is a common name of emblic myrobalan. This species of tree grows in Indian Peninsula, Indochina and Malaysia where it is used for Ayurveda – a traditional natural Hindu medicine. The oil is extracted from Amla fruits which are similar to our European goosegog – these are small berries of yellow and green colour that are very sour in taste. Such a natural product has well-recognized antiviral and antibacterial action. In short, Amla oil is perceived as a medical product of cosmetic features. Although Amla oil is a wonderful medicine curing many ailments, most women are more interested in this product’s cosmetic features. Actually, Amla oil can be compared to our common castor oil because these two natural substances work alike. For example, they speed up hair growth, pamper hair, eliminate problem of excessive hair loss and additionally make hair darker. Amla oil together with Indian gooseberry are a great alternative to popular methods applied for making hair grow faster or for covering grey hair.
Avocado oil: Of all the vitamins, avocado oil is rich in Vitamin E and B. These Vitamins works in a deeper level by penetrating into the epidermis thereby strengthening the hair. Vitamin B also supports hair growth, while Vitamin E is associated more with the repairing of hair damage. The monounsaturated fatty acid present in avocado oil is even higher than that of extra virgin olive oil and is one of the prime reasons why it is so good for your hair. Many people suffer from dry, damaged and weak hair due to chemical treatments or environmental pollution. Monounsaturated fats, when applied directly in a hair mask, will nourish and strengthen hair strands, thereby improving the way they look and protecting them from further damage. Massaging avocado oil into your scalp also prompts blood flow to your hair follicles. This will help more nutrients to reach the follicles quickly and work up on them to bring new growth and healthier hair in general. Finally, and perhaps most beneficially for hair care, its monounsaturated fatty acids and high levels of antioxidants like vitamin E, are well absorbed into our scalp and hair strands. This not only has a highly moisturizing and protective effect against environmental damage, but it may also stimulate new growth and help unclog blocked follicles.
It is recommended that you apply a hair oil treatment once a week using the pipette provided and apply directly to sectioned hair until your hair appears to be wet.
Firstly, put on the gloves if you wish for your hands not to get oily (personally I love how the oil blend feels on my skin and how soft it makes my hands).
- Take an apron and place it over your head so as to not spill any oil on your clothing or be sure to wear clothes which you don’t mind getting a little bit of oil on.
- Have the wipes ready in case any oil trickles down your face/neck
- Take a hair divider and divide your hair into 4 sections. 2 at the front and 2 in the back.
- Clip each section using clips provided.
- Start with a section by removing the clip and using the pipette provided to dip it into the bottle of oil and drop onto the section you are working on from root to tip. Repeat in each section until hair looks wet.
- Massage your scalp when finished for 5 mins to stimulate the scalp and encourage hair growth.
- Place a cap onto your head to trap the heat which will activate the oils more effectively and leave overnight or a few hours if you are hard pressed for time. Bear in mind the longer you leave the treatment on the more the results will be obvious.
- Shampoo twice to remove oils and condition as normal.
- Enjoy your hair treatment once a week whether it was for scalp detox, moisture injection, hair repair or hair growth.
- Please feel free to share before and after photos and comment on your experience.